Insomnia, or poor sleep, is quite prevalent, yet it does not generally persist long. It could indicate that you have trouble sleeping, staying up late at night, or waking up early in the morning. ‘Sleeping medicines,’ such as Zopiclone, are considered a last resort, but they are occasionally prescribed for a short time to help with severe insomnia.
Zopiclone is part of a class of medications known as . It works by acting as your brain sends impulses that help you sleep. It both shortens and lengthens the time it takes to fall asleep.
Generally, Zopiclone is recommended for no longer than two to four weeks. A short length of time is all that your body needs to get used to before it loses effectiveness. If you take it for a longer amount of time than this, your body may become reliant on it.
Before taking Zopiclone
Some medicines are not appropriate for people with specific diseases, and others can be used only with caution. As a result, you must inform your doctor before starting to take Zopiclone:
- If you’re expecting a child, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- You should consult a doctor if you have myasthenia gravis or any other condition that causes muscle weakness, especially if it causes breathing problems.
- If you’ve ever struggled with drug addiction.
- If you are suffering from a mental illness.
- You should consult a doctor if you have any problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you’ve ever had a terrible reaction to a medicine.
- If you are currently taking or using any other medications, tell your doctor. This covers any over-the-counter medications, as well as herbal and complementary therapies.
How To Take Zopiclone?
- Before beginning taking medicine, read the manufacturer’s printed information leaflet from inside the package. It will provide you with additional information about Zopiclone and a comprehensive list of the side effects you may experience if you take it.
- You should take one tablet (7.5 mg) right before bedtime. Do not take more than one dose in one night.
- Your doctor may recommend the 3.75 mg strength pills if you are over 65 years old.
- Take Zopiclone exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Instead of taking one pill every night, you may be advised to take one pill only two or three times per week.
HOW TO USE: As recommended, take this medication before sleep by mouth. This medication is normally only taken for a few weeks. Do not raise the dosage or take it for longer than the manufacturer recommends. Long-term or severe use might cause tolerance, making it less effective.
MISSED DOSE: Take your dose right before night or right before you go to sleep. If you forget to take a dose, make sure you take it as soon as you remember. Instead, skip the missing dose and go back to your normal dosing schedule. Don’t “double-up” on your dose to catch up.
Getting the most from your treatment
- Take Zopiclone only as long as your doctor prescribes. It should only be done for four weeks at most. It is because your body adapts fast to this treatment, and it is unlikely to have the same impact after a specific amount of time. If you take it for a longer period, your body may develop dependent on it.
- You will be sleepy after taking the pills, and you may still be sleepy the next day. The next day, avoid driving and using tools or machinery until your responses have returned to normal.
- While taking Zopiclone, avoid drinking alcohol. It increases the danger of adverse effects, including falling asleep or doing things that make you forget what you’re doing while you’re awake.
- Your doctor may recommend gradually reducing the dose after you stop using Zopiclone to minimize the return of sleep disturbances. You should follow any directions given to you.
- You should bring a letter from your doctor stating that you have been prescribed Zopiclone if you want to travel outside of the United States. Zopiclone is categorized as a ‘restricted substance,’ which means it is subject to specific regulations.
Can Zopiclone Cause Problems?
Most medications can induce unpleasant side effects and their beneficial ones. However, they do not affect everyone. You can find a complete list in the manufacturer’s information leaflet that comes with your medication. Unwanted side effects usually fade as your body adjusts to the new medications; ask the doctor before use.
Side Effects Of Zopiclone (These Affect Visible Fewer Than 1 In 10 People)
What Can You Do If This Happens To You?
If you feel fatigued the following day, wait until your reactions have returned to normal before driving or using tools or equipment.
- Dry mouth, unpleasant or metallic aftertaste
- Try chewing sugar-free candies or chewing sugar-free gum.
When people take Zopiclone, they do things they don’t remember when they wake up, includes sleepwalking, driving, and having sex while asleep. Speak with your doctor if this happens to you.
Speak with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any other symptoms that you believe are related to the tablets.
How To Store Zopiclone?
- Keep drugs out of reach and sight of children.
- Keep away from direct heat and light and store in an excellent, dry place.
Where To Buy Zopiclone Tablets?
The Zopiclone is available on our website, where you can easily place your order.